Digital literacy is a core 21st Century skill on par with numeracy and literacy. To function effectively in today’s world individuals must know how to access, use and create information and communicate and collaborate effectively within digital contexts. This course is therefore designed to provide the knowledge and technological skills needed to successfully leverage online modalities in personal and professional contexts. Participants will learn how to create, communicate and share digital content. They will gain functional knowledge in a range of productivity tools such as Microsoft Office 365, Libre Office, Open Office and Google Suite. The goal of this course is to develop digitally conscientious citizens who can leverage their online presence and digital tools for public good.
- Create a simple spreadsheet using an electronic spreadsheet application.
- Use appropriate functions and formulae in a spreadsheet to generate desired results.
- Apply formatting tools to a simple spreadsheet.
- Manipulate data in a simple spreadsheet.
- Create charts in a simple spreadsheet.
- Apply formatting to charts in a simple spreadsheet.